Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

My 75th post is a Thanksgiving message. Take time today to remember all the things for which you have to be thankful. I would venture a guess, that truthfully we are all more blessed than we realize. Often times we become so focused on our own selfish things, or own problems, that we forget about all thing things we have to be thankful for. If you are reading this, then you woke up this morning (1), you are breathing (2), sometimes we have to find even the little things to get us started on what we have, but if you are reading this, then you must have a computer, which means you have a roof over your head. Sometimes just the basics are the things most neglected. If you are having a thanksgiving meal somewhere, whether with a big family or a few friends, you have something to be thankful for, if you can see, hear, taste, touch, smell, the thanksgiving meal, then you have something to be thankful for, if you have your parents still living, you have something to be thankful for, if you have small children, a spouse, siblings, aunts, uncles, friends, clothes, food, pets, electricity, running water, heat, a job. All of these things are things we forget to be thankful for too often.

I am however am thankful for so much more than the material things

I am so very thankful for a Saviour who died for me, who loves me even when I screw up.

I am thankful for a husband who loves me, and takes care of our family.

I am thankful for my children, who love me and show that daily.

I am thankful for friends I can count on, no matter what.

I am thankful for a day to remember to be thankful.

So what are you thankful for, dig deep if you have too.

Have a blessed day and Happy Thanksgiving

No comments: