Thursday, January 1, 2009

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Well, I puttered out before midnight, but the fireworks scared the dog half to death, so I was awake enough to wish my hubby Happy New Year! Since I've been forgetting to mention it. My hubby has pneumonia, so he has been taking it easy. I think he slept better last night. I didn't feel the earthquake...I mean is bed shaking coughing last night.

As one of my new year goals I would like to read through the entire Bible. I have the One year Bible. It is a little already broken down, don't have to figure out how to, day by day reading through the Bible designed for the year. I thought to help me reach this goal, I would post the scriptures to be read for the day. Then if you want, you can read thru the Bible in a year too. Every day there will be passages from the Old Testament, the New Testament, from Psalms, and Proverbs. I can't think of a better way to draw closer to God than to spend time in His Word.

Todays references are:
Genesis 1:1-2:25
Matthew 1:1-2:12
Psalm 1:1-6
Proverbs 1:1-6

Happy Bible reading.

A quote from Beth Moore from Praying God's word day by day:

The giant step in the walk of faith is the one we take when we decide God no longer is a part of our lives. He is our life.

Today we are having Christmas with my inlaws. Have a safe day! Don't forget to scribble down some resolutions. Anytime you set a goal, it is a good idea to jot down some ideas on how to reach that goal.

Happy New Year!!!

Hugs

No comments: