Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

It has been a great day all things considered. I am not at work today, well, tonight because my baby girl has a broken left arm! She fell off the garage steps. Daddy did an amazing job taking care of everything while I was at work last night, but we have to have her arm casted tomorrow, and I need to be awake for that! My husband is so thoughtful. I got a new cricut cartridge for mothers day, and the MS lace doily border punch. Then to my surprise today, Jon also bought me a patio furniture set for our back screened in porch. I have wanted furniture out there for a very very long time, and now I have it. There is a love seat, two chairs, and a coffee table. It cozies up the porch, and I am looking forward to coffee and devotions out there tomorrow morning!

Considering the broken arm, Rebecca is doing well. Pain medicine every 4 hours, and ice and elevation for her little arm. I'll be glad once a cast is in place. Something a little more sturdy than the currant splint. Ryan was adorable. After it happened and they were on their way to the ER, Ryan recommended band aides to fix it. Then while the nurse was checking her out, he told her "it'll be ok Becca" and the best one...after her arm was splinted, he said, "oh no she won't be able to play Mario Kart!" (this would be devastating to him) Such a supportive lil brother. He wanted to take good care of her and it was so sweet. He even fixed her ice pack today.

So it has been a traumatic, but good Mother's day. Hope you had a wonderful, less eventful weekend.

2 comments:

Tya said...

Ohhhh poor Becca!!! I'm glad she's going to be okay. How sweet Ry is. {{HUGS}}

Tomie said...

Oh no Brooke!!! hope she is doing better.