Wednesday, December 2, 2009

In thinking on things...

I have been made more aware than normal of the wastefulness of not only our society, but of how wasteful I am as well. This is not being a good steward of all God has given me, so in effort to change my wasteful ways I am going to be moving into a much more frugal era. Moving into an attempt at focused 3 R's (Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle) I want to cut down on the waste we produce. I want my kids to not be so gimme focused, but to appreciate not only what they have, but the new things they do receive. So I am going to be a coupon clipping, meal planning, money saving, frugal mama! I want to cut the cost of our groceries in half or more! To get away from prepackaged full of preservatives and sugar junk, and to have things ready to fix at home that are healthier and tasty and quick! I am going on a spend freeze on scrap/paper supplies, because I have more than enough, and it is far better to use up what i have and stretch my creativeness than to just buy buy buy. So you can look for posts showing how my grocery shopping is going, and projects made with things I have. Perhaps even my weekly meal plans. I am praying for strength and focus as I move into this process. Convenience items are so easy, and expensive and wasteful.

Have a blessed day!

No comments: