Tuesday, October 4, 2011

I did my hair today...

It is always amazing to me how much more I accomplish if I take the time to fix my hair, and put on a little make up. I'm not talking like going all out, but conceal the blemishes, light coat of mascara, and tinted lip balm. The hair today is straightened, instead of its usual curliness. It just looks more polished. I actually got dressed today too. Okay I get dressed everyday, but I put on more than yoga pants and a tee shirt. I put on a shirt and jeans. Still casual and work-in-able but more polished.

I have supper in the crock pot, I've done 3 loads of laundry, planted mums. pulled some weeds. wiped down the bathroom, made a grocery list (all be it small) made some phone calls, prepped for a talk with Rebecca's teacher, and sat and read. Still plenty to do, but I accomplished more today than yesterday, and today I got dressed.

When I feel better about me I accomplish more. This is not vanity, but about feeling good, and like I matter. It is much easier to be depressed and lazy in sweats. I hold my head a little higher when I take just a few minutes for myself. I am also friendlier. It is because I'm not thinking of myself, but of others because I don't feel bad about me.


No comments: