Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Spring Break

We had spring breaks that didn't line up. Jon had one week off and the kids had another week. Bummer right. Well I took off the weekend in between and we did some day trip things.  We went to the Zoo. It was a great time!

Asian Elephant

cute children watching the giraffe trainers

Giraffe, and when they run it is really something to see.

Peacock on display. This is something to see

Ryan being a wolf

in the den

silver fox

sea lions

there is a small sea lion in the water agitating the one on the rock


Rebecca and Jon on the train
We had a great time, and the weather was perfect. I also took pictures of the giraffe kneeling down to eat from the ground which was something odd to see, but I seem to be missing that photo.

We went to Jungle Jim's which is always a good time. I have mentioned it before, but it is a large international market. You can pretty much get anything from anywhere there. They have excellent produce, and fun things to try.

We went to a few pet stores and Rebecca got a new friend.

She named him Max. He doesn't seem to love his new home, but hopefully he will warm up to it soon.


On an entirely different note, you may have noticed a very long list of blogs recently added in the side bar, I went a little card blog happy as I went through a recent blog hop. Since I have been playing along at Skipping Stones Design I suddenly decided to find as many challenges as I could and get my craft on. If you know me you will not at all be surprised by my full out lets do as much as I can as fast as I can reaction. I realized today, I can't do that. It would be all consuming. I am certainly going to continue to do Skipping Stones each week, and maybe one other challenge if I have time. I plan to sort through those blogs and maybe even reorganize them, so the ones I visit most often are together and then I can "indulge" in the others when I have a little extra time.

Also, something that has been weighing  on my heart is getting scripture memory as part of our daily practice. Over and over this has been running through my mind  Psalm 119:11   I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you.  I want my children to be able to depend upon the word they have memorized when times are tough and they don't have a Bible or notes to reference. I know for myself the small amount of scripture I can recall has certainly been a blessing to me.  I will be doing this with them as I need this as well, and I really only have a small amount committed to memory, and I want to hide God's word in my heart as well.  It is two fold, it will give them a foundation, and they will see me doing it, hopefully through example it will be easier.   You can pray that this goes well. I have a bit of a plan. We each have a note book, a set of index cards, and post it notes. We will be writing the verse in our note book, and putting it on an index card so we can carry it with us. The post its are to make notes if we are struggling, and to cover up part of the verse as we work on memorization. 

I don't have a list of verses yet that we will be working on, but I will be compiling a list, as well as some other key things I would like them to know, like the books of the Bible, the disciples, etc. 

If you stayed with me this far, bless your heart. 

Hope you have had a good week thus far, and continue to have a good week as we lead up to Good Friday and Easter. The resurrection is certainly something to celebrate.

Have a blessed day!

No comments: