Wednesday, November 21, 2012

There's a new name written down in glory





On the way home last night, we were talking about the holidays. Ryan (my almost 8 year old) said he knew what Christmas was about. I asked him what it was, he said, "Jesus' birthday. I asked him if he knew why that was so important. He said because he had to grow up to so he could  die on the cross. Somehow the conversation switched to heaven. Ryan said he wanted to go to heaven. I asked him if he knew how he could live in heaven. He said no.
I told him we have to ask Jesus to forgive us for our sins because we are all sinners, and believe that Jesus is the son of God. He said he had never done that. The subject changed, we got home, I made supper and decided to search for a child friendly prayer to help him.

I called him over, and asked him if he wanted to pray so he could be a christian. He said he did, so we read some scripture, and talked about how much God loves us, and that everyone has sinned, and we need to be sorry for those things. He said he understood God loves us, and that Jesus is his son, and that Jesus died on the cross so we could be saved and live eternally in heaven with God. He prayed this little prayer

Dear God:  I realize(understand) that I’m a sinner and I can’t save myself.  I believe you sent your Son Jesus to die on the cross to take the penalty(punishment) of my sins.  I ask Jesus now to come into my life and save my soul, and guide and direct (lead) my life from this point on as my Lord.  In Jesus name I pray, Amen.

He cried, and said, I don't know why I'm crying. He said, "my heart is happy" I hugged him so tight. I told him crying was okay, it meant he was sensitive.

At bedtime prayers he thanked Jesus for coming into his heart. He then wanted to know if it was okay to tell people. Absolutely it is okay.

This morning he wanted me to know his heart was still happy.

Bless his heart. I love him

No comments: