Sunday, July 28, 2013

Summer is almost over...

I cannot believe how quick the summer is passing us by. The only pictures I have taken this summer are all on my phone, and I have attempted several times to get them to my computer without success until today. So here is a summer update.

We went camping in our camper. I still can't believe we have a camper. It was so nice going camping. Still trying to figure out the best place to put everything, but it is great. The kids get to bring their bikes, and they love that, we set boundaries and they can ride til their hearts are content.



Our first camping trip in our camper

Rebecca had her piano recital the same week we camped. She did a fabulous job!

We had my parents 50th wedding anniversary which will need to be a post all its own, but my brother and sister in law were home and that was wonderful.

We took our annual family trip with Jon's family to Holiday World. It was a great time. We did have a few injuries. Jon dropped a broken mug on his foot the day we were to leave. For a short time I thought stitiches were going to be needed, but it turned out just to need to be dressed daily (lucky he married a nurse ha!)  Then while setting up camp, Ryan had the first of several bike wrecks. He had blood running down his leg, and was gimping back toward the campsite pulling his bike.  I took off running toward him to help him and stepped on a bee. It actually got pulled between my foot and my flip flop. That hurt like the devil. So I gimped to Ryan, and we gimped together back to the camper to take care of our injuries. He cleaned up pretty well. I thought I had pulled the stinger out of my bee sting, but it was swollen and itchy for well over a week. Lucky for you I didn't take any pictures. You are welcome.  Rebecca went the whole trip unscathed.

The weather has been a bit off recently. So the kids have been enjoying the slip n slide and the water hose for entertainment.

One day the kids came running from the family room.  "MOM LOOK, DAD IS A LEGO MAN"

You are welcome!  =)

We went to the zoo a couple weeks ago. Ryan wanted to be in charge of the camera.... So I let him, some of the time.



pic by Ryan

pic by Ryan

pic by Ryan

pic by Ryan

pic by Ryan

pic by Ryan

pic by Ryan

pic by Ryan

pic by Ryan

pic by Ryan





pic by Ryan

pic by Ryan

pic by Ryan





I did some landscaping. I edged the sidewalks, planted new flowers, and put down mulch.

left side done, right side not done

added flowers amongst the grasses

butterfly stop

Add caption

this area is still a work in progress. but the side walk was about 1/3 covered with grass, I was shocked at how wide it actually was.
Band camp starts Monday, and the everyone goes to school the week after. Summer is really officially over for us as a whole family. I do think a trip to Kings Island will be happening this week.

Also some final back to school shopping. I promised both of the kidlings a day out with mama, so I'll be contacting some grandparents for help with that.

Summer has been short, but I love the time I have spent with my family.

Have a blessed day!

1 comment:

Tonya said...

Your landscaping looks great, glad you've got to enjoy such a wonderful summer!