Friday, January 10, 2014

Food Talk Friday

As you might have noticed earlier this week I love some cornbread. =) I have a fantastic easy recipe that I want to share with you today.


3/4 cup Corn Meal
3/4 tsp salt
1 cup flour
1/3 cup sugar
5 tsp baking powder
1 cup milk
1 egg, well beaten
2 Tbsp melted shortening (I use coconut oil instead)

Mix dry ingredients. Add milk, egg, and shortening and stir til well mixed. Bake in greased 8x8 pan for 20 minutes at 425 degrees.

This is seriously my favorite cornbread. It is sweet and moist. You can mix up all the dry ingredients in a jar and label with the directions and the wet ingredients that are needed, and it is just as simple as a box mix. Altho I don't find it necessary to do that except when camping =)


Enjoy and Have a Blessed FOCUSed Day

No comments: