Thursday, April 2, 2009

A Mother never wants too...

have to do the himelick on her child. I, however, had no choice yesterday. Ryan got choked on a piece of bubblegum. He started coughing and then he couldn't talk was purple and made that awful highpitched wheezy noise. I thank God I was here so close, that I know how to do the himelick, and that Ryan is okay except for a sore belly (sorry baby). I had to just sit and hold him for a good bit after that. It was one of the scariest moments of my life to this point. Doing the himelick on someone you don't really know is not nearly as difficult. So today, I am thankful for the little things, like just being alive. It made me realize how important the little moments are because had I not been right there, well, we aren't even going to think that way.
Time to take my boy to preschool. Have a great day.

No comments: