Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Laundry soap

I am washing my first load of laundry with my homemade laundry soap. It was easy to make, but did take a little time. Totally worth it though!! One batch of laundry soap will wash approximately (if my math is right) 250 loads in a regular washer. The cost of one batch $1.60. My regular laundry soap and I don't buy the expensive stuff for the same number of washings when I got my soap on clearance was $24.00. If you are interested you can go here to check it out. For a front loader the saving would be even greater since the HE soap is so expensive. My start up cost was about $12.00, that was for all the supplies. The only recurring cost will be the Fels Naptha because the washing soda and borax will make several batches.

Well the washer is done and I am excited to go see how my clothes look. Who knew I could be so excited over laundry soap.

No comments: