Friday, July 17, 2009

Summer is almost over...sigh

I know I am horrible at updating this (sorry mom)! This week is fair. The band has a food booth!! YUM taco salads and they are fabulous! I got new glasses yesterday. Struggling a little bit with the bifocals because it has been a couple years since I have had them. Last time I got glasses I opted for a frame that was too small for bifocals so I had 2 pair of glasses, one for reading and one for everything else. Well, that just didn't work very well. So I chose to go back to bifocals, altho they are lineless and you can't tell, I am not ashamed of bifocals. I have had them since I was 12. There is a special name for the eye condition I have. It was long and I don't remember it, but it is the cause of bifocals for young people. My daughter is also showing signs of having the same eye condition and may in the next year or so need glasses. Rebecca and Ryan, well mostly Rebecca picked out my glasses. As expected my husband is not a fan of them, I believe he said, "they're different" LOL.

The kids are camping with grammie and hoho papaw (my inlaws) and having a great time. I have loved this little time all to myself, however, I have not accomplished much. I had so many things I wanted to do, and almost to the point of freezing! I did have a great time with my mom yesterday. We met and shopped!! It was awesome to spend time with her and only her, no kids to watch, just good ole mother daughter time.

Jon will be busy next week getting ready for band camp and working on his online class for his teaching license.

I have a cake decorating class next week at church. Ryan has to get shots next week (he is not going to like that!)

the next week will be school registration for my little first grader! There should also be info coming on Ryan's new preschool. He will be going 5 days a week for 2 hours. He is excited, and a little sad he won't be at his old preschool. My continued night shift working required us to find a babysitting solution for Monday mornings, and the preschool was the answer.

God works things out when we trust him. I am so thankful for all the blessings He has bestowed upon our family.

There is one more VBS my kids will go to and that is in a couple weeks. It is only 3 days the first week in August.

Life has been a whirlwind. i cannot believe summer is basically over. Time to start getting ready for meal planning and getting back into a routine!

HUGS Hope everyone is well!!

No comments: