Friday, June 25, 2010

Food Friday

Something we had that was out of the norm was Spaghetti, with spaghetti squash.

cut the spaghetti squash in half and back cut side down at 350 for about 45 minutes

I flipped them over to cool



then using a fork scrape the squash and break apart with your fingers to get the spaghetti




then make your favorite sauce (mine was from scratch). You could certainly use the squash on the plate first like you would with normal spaghetti, but because I made the squash in the morning I added it to the sauce to heat it through. I tried multiple times to get a photo that didn't look like regurgitated food without success, but as bad as it looks in the photo it really was delish. The kids both had 2 helpings the liked it so much.



So for a change in your everyday spaghetti, give spaghetti squash a try.


For my homemade quick sauce, I used tomato paste thinned out to the consistency I wanted with water, then I added, onion salt, basil, oregano, and thyme and mixed then cooked on medium heat for about 10 minutes to soften the herbs and let the flavor go through out. It was really good.! I didn't measure it was a just a toss it together kind of thing. Sometimes that's the only way to do it.

Enjoy and have a blessed day!

No comments: