Thursday, July 15, 2010

Good News

I'm still alive!! hee hee!


Okay sit down this is serious.


I am getting ready to plug my camera into my computer. ha!



We have a had a few crazy weeks. Vacation, Kings Island, Fair this week, work, a house that was hit by a tornado(okay it was really hit by post vacation lazies) ha!


In other news, I got some exciting news, my baby sis in law is expecting! yay!! (hope I was allowed to tell). I am so very excited. I'll get to enjoy this baby as a baby. I realized that I didn't get to enjoy the baby-ness of my current neice adn nephew because I had little ones of my own to monitor, but my little ones are old enough to let me enjoy this one. yay! Praying all goes well and the nausea passes quickly!

Also, I received an unexpected phone call to interview for a different job. The person rattled off this list of qualities they were looking for in the person, and then stated "you came to mind, and I just had to call you" Seriously, nicest compliment I have received in a very very long time. You know how you work to be the person you want to be, but you are never really sure anyone sees you as that person. Guess what, they do, they just don't tell you! Awesome offer, however, not going to do it, I listed out the pros and cons of current vs new job, and even though I work every weekend, my current job won hands down!

Also, I was really struggling with what to do with Kids Klub. I was in charge of the music and story time last year, and honestly by the end I dreaded every single moment. However, with this job possibility I did some focused praying, and received a new excitement for Kids Klub. It is hard for me because with kids klub I don't get any "church" time since I work every weekend. However, recently I have found a new radio station that is cool. I can listen to James McDonald on the radio daily (amazing preacher) and I get the cd's from the weekly service for at home. It is the connection with people I miss most, but I know God will provide a source for that as well.

It is time to start thinking about what the kids need for school. I can't believe I'm going to have a kindergartener and a 2nd grader. wow! and 6, did you read that SIX hours all to me 5 days a week. I haven't had "me" time regularly, or very often for the last 7 years. I love my kids more than life, but I am really looking forward to the quiet time I'm going to have. I am working on a bit of a plan for that time so I don't just laze around ha! I hope to have a regular exercise routine, ok, walking/running routine, and meal plans, and a better kept house. I'll be able to grocery shop sans kids, work in the yard, prepare the garden, etc. Sit and read a book, work in my craft room, yes, I am looking forward to it.

I may have posted this already, in fact, I'm nearly sure I did. Rebecca is now on a dairy free diet too. So that is shifting how I think about our food prep. With 50% of our family dairy free, I need to make some adjustments. Before I would make supper and fix me my own stuff sans milk, but now I want Rebecca to be able to enjoy everyday things, so I have to make them. So I am going to be doing some recipe trying, and not only making things dairy free, but also cleaning up our diet. I will now have to pack Rebecca's lunch every day of the school year, so I need to plan so we aren't rushing around. Also I want to give her some variety. All of that takes planning, but I want to make up a little recipe book that lists things that work well, so I can plan easier.

Well, I need to plug in the camera and upload those photos, and tackle the rest of the dishes...some one threw miracle grow on my dishes I'm fairly certain! ha!

have a blessed day, oh but before you go...check out this fabulous fashion statement.


No comments: