Thursday, September 9, 2010

Granola and other goodies...

So I have been exploring making things at home instead of buying them at the store. Flat out no doubt the dollar loaf of bread at the grocery is cheaper than the yummy, delicious, I know exactly what is in it country white bread I made at home, but homemade wins anyway!

Today I attempted my first granola bars.




it was quick and easy, and the sample I had from the spoon...OH MY YUMMINESS!!! Seriously, I had no idea they were so easy to make, and know what else...I know exactly what is in them. Yes i covered them with chocolate chips, but chocolate makes everything better!!! The almonds, and sunflower seeds provide a little protein, the oats and wheat germ a little complex carbs, the honey and sucanat(or brown sugar) a little sweet, and the chocolate chips make you think it isn't good for you! ha! Who wants to pay $4 for 6 granola bars. There is potential for 15 bars or so depending on how I cut them. and maybe the cost is similar...but I get more, and I made them. and they were easy!!

Did you know you can make "reese cups" I made almond butter ones, and Jon would have liked them better if it hadn't been dark chocolate, but again...super easy and so good...not very good for you, but for a treat...YUM

Hope you have a blessed day!

No comments: