Wednesday, November 17, 2010

4 hour Stew

(okay here's the thing, it is really 5 hour stew, but I want it in 4 hours, so it's going to be 4 hours stew)


2lb beef roast (ok so the recipe calls for a 1 lb roast, but really who buys a 1 lb roast.)
6 potatoes (peeled or not, and cut in half or quarters
6 carrots or bag of baby carrots (again, peeled and cut into pieces)
1 cup chopped celery
1 onion (make it as chopped as you like. I like bigger pieces myself)
12 oz of tomato juice or V8 (don't keep v8 on hand so I use tomato juice)
salt and pepper
3 tbsp. tapioca powder
1 Tbsp. sugar

Place the meat on the bottom of a roasting pan, and layer the rest of the things on top. pour juice on top, sprinkle the last 3 ingredients in over the top, Cover and Bake at 325 for 4 hours ish, or back at 275 for 5 hours if you need it to take longer.


**a roasting pan or dutch oven work best because you need something with deep sides...trust me, learn from my mistake ha**

Really this is a throw some stuff in a pan and bake it dish.

I don't have a photo of this, but if I remember to take one later as I am making this today i'll post it.

have a blessed day

No comments: