Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Today

my baby is 6 years old. SIGH!!!





It has a been a trying couple of months. You know how things build up and build up and then at some point you just lose your ability to handle any more. That happened to me yesterday. I sort of feel like if it were not for bad luck I would have no luck at all. ha! The drama started when our truck began acting up, we didn't have it for about a month, then the car had some issues, and still does, in fact it is at the shop now for brakes, rotors, and one new rim (b/c it was bent and my tire would go flat every couple of days), it is christmas season, which always seems to cost a ton, we have Ry's bday party this weekend (so glad I talked him out of chuck e cheese for that), my car still needs a new muffler, and I am wondering if a new battery is in order. And then yesterday, what a day. I headed out to the garage to go get the kids from school, the door went up part way then got stuck, so I put it down and tried again, and one of the pins broke, the door wouldn't budge. My car was stuck inside. It was 20 degrees so I called the school, bundled up, took extra stuff for the kids to wear and walked down to get them. When we got home, I managed to get the car out of the garage, and after a very long time get the door back down, and I cried the whole time, I cried off and on for a good hour. I called about a new door...sigh, and I still need to call the furnace people because it is making a strange noise sometimes. And there are some things with my job going on, and the increase of insurance cost from my husbands. So I feel like I have been bombarded.

This morning I prayed a very selfish prayer, "please God, if nothing else would break until the summer I would really appreciate it"

I find an attitude of prayer is all that is keeping me going, I would love to just sit down, curl up into a ball, and cry, but I have children to care for, a party to plan, and the every day in and day out things to take care of, so for today my mantra will be

1 Peter 5:7 (New Living Translation)

7 Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you.

My God is bigger than all these earthly things, and if all of these things help me remember that, then they are really blessings.

No comments: