Wednesday, January 19, 2011

It is midweek

I had a wonderful birthday. My sis brought me lunch at work which was absolutely delish. Black bean soup, fresh salsa, chicken salad in a bell pepper, and a delicious mocha angel food cake. YUM. I made all my co workers smell the cake, but didn't share a morsel. Well, I did share with my family, but only a small portion. =)

My husband bought me a dehydrator. I have been asking for one for 2 years. I figured it was a decent Christmas idea, but somehow I never received one. Now I have one, and tomorrow on my agenda is making banana chips out of the bananas we have before they go bad. The kids love banana chips. I am super excited. I squealed when I came home and saw it!

Right now my sweet left handed girl is coloring shrinky dinks. Yes you read that right.





of course she had to look up and smile!

This week has been filled with making things. Monday the kids didn't have school, so we made bread, chocolate chip cookies, and granola bars. Today I made hand milled bar soap, shaving cream, lotion, hand soap, shampoo, and detangler. Not only is all of the stuff natural, and eco friendly, it was fun to make.

Hope you have a blessed day

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brooke,

Thanks so much for your very helpful comment. I love the idea. I am seriously going to consider it.

Sounds like you had a great day making things.Will your recipes when you have a chance for the shaving cream?