Wednesday, March 30, 2011

So much for spring break

Everyone, aside from me, at our house has been sick! Even a couple of the fish. No vacation this year, just recliner time.  Jon is finally feeling better, at the end of 3 weeks, Rebecca went back to school yesterday for a half day, and all day today. Ry is still home with me. Hopefully, tomorrow he will return to school. It is obvious he is feeling better. He is playing, and being silly. Yesterday, he sat in the recliner ALL day. That is so NOT like him.   He used every last tissue. Even, the little packet from my purse! So we had to make a run to the store for more tissues.

I made bread yesterday. It is really good. I like this recipe better than the other bread recipe I've been using.

I will be making granola bars in a bit, and I told Ry we would make cookies.

I mopped the kitchen. I have laundry in. The dishes are done. Cleaned the oven, the racks are soaking in hot soapy water right now (in the bathtub, because they are big, and had no other place to soak them)

I need to make some lotion. I purchased a squeeze tube, and think I'll see if I can use that for it. It would be great for my purse.  That is not a project I will do today though. I have several other things that need done.
I made a cleaning paste, that I used on the bathtub this week. It worked wonderfully, but now I can't find the recipe. Hoping I find it soon.  It used my favorite cleaning ingredients, baking soda and vinegar, but the amounts were important, and it had other ingredients as well....hmmmmm.

The other evening I told my husband I wanted to find live culture soy yogurt so I could make my own yogurt. His response was, "I cannot wait to tell my class you just said that" This kind of statement makes me wonder what my dear husband was discussing about me with his class. Turns out he was telling them all the things I make at home, so we made a kind of list, and I discovered I make a lot of stuff! Some he didn't even know about. ha!  I had hair gel in the fridge, and I said, that is hair gel in that jar, don't eat it, know what he said, "I just don't even ask anymore!" ha ha!   Even tho, I make a lot of stuff, there are still several I would like to make.

Over the sick spring break we had, my hubby and I celebrated our 10 year anniversary. I had a trip planned for just the two of us, but he was sick, so we didn't get to go. He bought me a Kindle, and  2 dozen roses (which are GORGEOUS still!) I have really enjoyed my kindle. I really love books, the way they smell, holding them, marking them up, the hunt of finding them. I really wasn't sure I would like a kindle, but I LOVE IT! It is so light, it is so easy to read, it remembers where I am so I don't have to have a bookmark, and no risk of losing it. Only downside I can find, is I can't just quickly flip thru a book to find what I am looking for, but I can bookmark pages and then sort thru my bookmarks. I can still underline and make notes on my books. If there is  word I want the definition for, I simply move my cursor too it and it gives me the definition, how cool is that. Best thing, I have like 30 books on it, and only one small little device to carry around. There are tons of free books, and already I have read books I wouldn't have usually read. I am really really enjoying it.

It is snowing, we may have to pull these hats back out!




Have a Blessed day!

No comments: