Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Third and First Grade

So as we get into the full swing of school. Having two kids to go over homework with is so different than just one. Two kiddos asking for help (not always needed), two kiddos working each others nerves  (stop talking I can't concentrate, mom becca's talking too much, Mom Ryan won't be quiet and I'm trying to study) SIGH! The biggest change, the amount of homework. Rebecca has a TON of homework. We have been spending about an hour and a half every night on her homework, but last night it was 4 and 1/2 hours. She really had that much to do. There was a break for supper, and a melt down of "I"ll never get all of this done" She got so overwhelmed she couldn't figure out little things she knows. I feel so bad for her. I am going to the teacher to seek help. I don't know how to best help her. She struggles with things I never struggled with, and it takes a lot of work to get her to understand something, particularly if she gets frustrated too.



We have always done homework at the kitchen table, so I can work in the kitchen while she works on her homework, then I feel available to her. But having to clean off the table for supper, then getting it all back out almost sent her over the edge. I think we are going to have to get a table for the living room for her to do her homework at, her own space to study. We don't really have room for a table, but at this point my decor is not the priority.  So I am going to shop the garage and see what we have we could use.
If you think of it, you can pray for patience during homework time. It would be very appreciated.

Our next obstacle is Bible quizzing is to start Thursday, and I don't know how we are going to study for that too, and soccer is to start anytime.  I hope her teacher has some solutions for us.

Have a blessed day!

No comments: