Friday, September 23, 2011

Busy Kitchen

So in my efforts to save money with our groceries I have been doing some meal prep, or freezer prep. Today I cooked up 9 pounds of hamburger (I get it at walmart when they mark it down. For our walmart it is the day before the sell by date on the meat. $1.81/lb is hard to pass up) I have stored them in 1 pound packages in the freezer.

I just made meatballs using this recipe from my sister

2 lb ground beef
1 cup milk
14 soda crackers
1tsp salt
pepper

Mix til combined well. Roll into walnut size balls and bake at 350 for 1 hour.

These will be great for meatball stew, meatball subs, bbq meatballs. etc.

Then I am going to make patties with ground chuck I got on sale at Kroger, and I am going to make at least one if not two meatloafs. For the patties I'll make 8 large patties, and then some slider size patties. This helps get plenty of easy to fix things in the freezer.

I have also cut up 2 pints of strawberries, and baked cookies today. Prepped 2 loaves of french bread for freezer french toast, and a little tip, for a cheap alternative and uniform hamburger patties, use an old lid like a mayo lid, or something. line it with plastic wrap and press the meat in. For sliders use a jelly jar lid.  My little kitchen is a busy place today!

Have a blessed day!

Oh also I have updated the recipe tab. Now it is just a title you can click on to go to the post of the actual recipe. It makes that tab much easier to use.

No comments: