Monday, August 13, 2012

O to be like Thee

I had Great is Thy Faithfulness going through my mind, and often when that happens I sit down at the piano and play and sing it. Which usually leads to going through the hymnal and having my own personal worship time. As I did this I turned to O to be like Thee. I sang the first verse and realized we often only used the chorus for the pre prayer time song at church. I sang the second verse and realized that in this song was the cry of my heart.

Vs 1 starts like this

Oh, to be like Thee! blessed Redeemer, This is my constant longing and prayer. Gladly I'll forfeit all of earth's treasure, Jesus, Thy perfect likeness to wear. 

Chorus
Oh, to be like Thee! Oh, to be like Thee. Blessed  Redeemer, pure as Thou art! Come in thy sweetness, come in Thy fullness; Stamp Thine own image deep on my heart.

Vs 2

Oh, to be like Thee! Full of compassion, loving, forgiving, tender and kind, Helping the helpless, cheering the fainting, Seeking the wand'ring sinner to find!

Vs 3
Oh to be like Thee! lowly in spirit, Holy and harmless patient and brave; Meekly enduring cruel reproaches, willing to suffer others to save

The song continues on, but  I bolded the portion in verse 2 because that has been my prayer over the last week. Lord fill me with compassion. With compassion comes a loving, forgiving, tender and kind spirit.

I find this often in my time at the piano. God meets me there, let me know my prayers have been heard. So I must go on singing, and share this blessing with others. God knows the cry of our heart, he hears our prayers. What an encouragement to know He cares for me, and you.

Have a blessed day!

No comments: