Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Cleaning the kitchen sink

This is what happens when coffee etc is rinsed in an old white porcelain sink.  It turns brown




 So I decided to try a natural method I had read about. It had rave reviews...

You cut the lemon in half, sprinkle the cream of tarter on, then scrub.

and scrub I did. and this is what I got.

FAIL


It is better, altho in person I didn't think it looked better at all., but there is still a very dark ring around the drain, and lots of brownish areas.


So I had read that Mr. Clean erasers would work. Then I remembered hearing they had formaldehyde in them, so I researched it. They only have one ingredient, Melamine polymer.
It is not a chemical that the eraser uses, it is the fibers of the eraser that do the cleaning. Kind of like a super fine grit sand paper I suppose. Anyway, I gave it a go.


A little bit of elbow grease, not a lot tho, and a gleaming white sink. Fabulous. Best part?  No Bleach!!!

Those erasers really are magic!


Have a blessed day!

No comments: