Thursday, September 13, 2012

Easy Homemade Lotion

So home made products are all the rage, well they used to be, or maybe they just are in my own little world.  I have been making this lotion for awhile. It is very moisturizing and super easy to make.

You need:

1/4 c Coconut Oil
2 Tbsp of Stearic Acid

1/2 c. Distilled water
1/2 tsp. Baking soda

Melt the oil/wax together. You can do this on the stove in a double boiler, or in the microwave.

then mix the baking soda into the water and heat in the microwave.

Pour the water into the oils and stir until light and fluffy. I use a 4 cup glass measuring cup to mix it in as it grows when you mix it. Makes approx 8 oz of lotion. Allow to cool. I would say use it up in 6 months.  Share it with your friends. They will want to use it over and over. Great for those dry crack hands that winter causes.





I find the stearic acid in the candle making section at Hobby Lobby.

You can add essential oils to this lotion, or leave it unscented. If you want unscented use refined coconut oil like the louanna brand, or use raw unrefined for a delightful coconut scent. My favorite is Vanilla Mint though. I add Vanilla and Peppermint essential oils.

Have a blessed day!

No comments: