Friday, March 8, 2013

Eco Emi February 2013 Box

I wanted to try out a subscription box because who doesn't love getting knew things to try.  Since I prefer natural products, I found Eco Emi reviews, and thought I would give it a go. It is $15.00/monthly and this month I got 8 items to try all wrapped up in a pretty reusable tin. Keep reading to see the items. =)





ily serenity styling gel  8oz $16.00




IngredientsWater, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Juice, Weber Tequilana (Agave) Extract, Glycine Betaine (Beta Vulgaris (Beet) Sugar Extract ECOCERT, Panthenol, Polyquaternium-10 (Conditioner), Gluconodeltalactone (And) Sodium Benzoate ECOCERT Certified (Preservative), Polyquatermium- 4 (Conditioner), Sclerotium Gum, Caprylyl Capryl Glucoside, Fragrant Essential Oil Blend

what they say about it: 

  • Flake free
  • Soft- medium flexible hold
  • Conditions and seals in moisture
  • Versatile gel- can be used for textured  (waves, curl or coils) hair or straight hair
VEGAN
GLUTEN FREE



I used it, it tamed a bit of frizz. Wouldn't repurchase at the price, my desert essence cream does just fine.


Exfoliate foaming Vegan cleanser by Suki
 4 oz $32.95

Ingredientssucrose (sugar), potassium cocoate (saponified coconut oil), oryza sativa (rice) powder, cymbopogon flexuosus (lemongrass) oil, 
calendula officinalis (calendula) flower extract, lavandula angustifolia (lavender) flower extract, squalane & chamomilla recutita, 
(matricaria) flower/leaf extract, citrus aurantifolia dulcis (orange) peel extract, ascophyllum nodosum (seaweed) extract,
*aroma/fragrance, limonene, citral
 
*component of 100% pure essential oils
What they say about it:
  • WHAT
  • an award-winning, deep cleansing alpha hydroxy acid complexion rejuvenator
  • WHO
  • all, except cystic acne & rosacea-prone skin
  • KEY COSMECEUTICALS
  • gentle alpha hydroxy acid (natural sugar), rice flour (non-gmo rice) & citric acid (lemongrass)
  • SOLVES
  • resurfaces skin, unclogs pores, exfoliates dead cells, smoothes
this product is vegan













It smells delish!! However, I can make a foaming exfoliating cleanser for a fraction of the cost of this one, so no way I'll purchase.



Berry Red lip gloss by Purely You Minerals $7.00



Ingredients:Castor Seed Oil, Cetyl Stearyl Alcohol, Olive Fruit Oil, Beeswax, Glycine Soybean Lipids, Lauryl Laurate, Carnauba Wax, Candillia Wax, Mica, Rose Hip Seed Oil, iron oxide, Vitamin E and flavoring (may contain carmine and tin oxide)

What they say about itA lucious lip cream with the balance of moisture and glam. Highly pigmented and made with natural ingredients, infused with botanical essential oil and vitamin E. Accentuate your smile and keep your lips healthy. Pucker UP!

I like the color, and it had a nice flavor. 


Pumpkin Spice Bar by Athena 12 bars $22.68
(you can kind of see it in the first picture)

Ingredients: long list, not easy to copy, however, it had dairy and peanuts, so I couldn't eat it. I gave it to a friend, I don't know if she liked it or not. 

What they say about it: Nutritional wise, 10g protein, 2 servings of fruits and veggies, 3 probiotics, and it was Non GMO. 

I would rather have my fruit and veggies in fruit and veggie form, so this is not something I would buy even if I had been able to eat it. 



Key Lime and Mint Gum by Vitacare 12pcs. $1.99


Ingredients:  Xylitol, Gum Base, Calcium Lactate Citrate, Natural Flavor, Glycerine, Titanium Dioxide (Color), Gum Arabic, Tetrasodium Pyrophosphate, Vitamin C (as Sodium Ascorbate), Resinous Glaze, Citric Acid, Carnauba Wax, Malic Acid, Vitamin E (as D-Alpha-Tocopheryl Acetate), Vitamin A (as Palmitate), and Vitamin D3 (as Cholecalciferol) and Soy Lecithin.

What they say about itThis unique gum is enriched with essential vitamins + calicum to provide you with maximized results while remaining truly natural. VITACARE's great taste sensation is a perfect balance of Cool Mint freshness and Key Lime richness.


I like it, I think I would like a different flavor more. It comes in Chai Mint, Mint and Key lime, pomegranate, and Acai


Collagen & Almond enriching moisturizing lotion by Aubrey  12 oz $9.99


IngredientsAqua, cetyl alcohol, prunus amygdalus dulcis (sweet almond) oil*, aloe barbadensis leaf juice*, glycerin, triticum vulgare (wheat) germ oil, glyceryl stearate, cetearyl alcohol, alcohol denat. (38b, lavender*), simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil*, stearic acid, glyceryl linoleate, oenothera biennis (evening primrose) oil*, sodium cocoyl glutamate, fragrance**, citrus grandis (grapefruit) extract, glyceryl linolenate, ascorbic acid, citric acid, lavandula angustifolia (lavender) oil*, soluble collagen, tocopheryl acetate, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) extract, hydrolyzed elastin, glycine soja (soybean) oil, beta-carotene, daucus carota sativa (carrot) root extract.
* Organic
** Natural isolate blend sourced from essential oils


What they say about itEnriching body lotion smoothes and hydrates all over to leave skin soft, youthful and delicately fragrant. Made with collagen and elastin, proteins found in your skin, plus rich, moisturizing almond oil. Great for all skin types.

So if you like Jergens original lotion in the cherry almond, You would love this. That is what it smells like. The consistency is nice, absorbs quickly, nongreasy. I would definitely purchase this.


Peppermint Spice lip balm by Moody Sisters 0.33oz tube $3.95


Ingredients: beeswax, shea butter, sweet almond oil, cocoa butter, coconut oil, tocopherol (vitamin e), essential oils.

What they say about it: handmade fresh, ships within one week.

I don't love the oval lip balm tub. That is a matter of preference though. It is peppermint, and I think I smell some clove, but the essential oils are undisclosed. It is moisturizing. I like it. 

The Amazing Trio Packets (Barley grass, Wheat grass, and Alfalfa) by Amazing Grass 15 pkts $21.99


Ingredients:Organic, barley, wheat grass, and alfalfa

What they say about it:Meet The Amazing Trio, starring organic Barley grass, organic Wheat grass and organic Alfalfa grass. This simple combination gives you not one but three of the best organic greens around. Made from some of the finest ingredients on Earth, The Amazing Trio delivers whole food nutrition that tastes great. Grown and harvested in Kansas on our family farm, right here in the good ole USA, Amazing Grass is dedicated to creating the best organic greens for you and your family.
•  Organic
•  Raw
•  Vegan
•  Gluten Free

I haven't tried this yet, but I plan on making a smoothie with it soon. I'll update when I have done that.


So about the box. I think it is a good subscription box, and I will wait another month to see how I feel about it.  Trying out new products is fun, but aside from the gum, there isn't anything I would purchase based on this box.  I also am getting the all natural face box, and I liked it more because it was beauty products (I'll be reviewing it soon). 

Have a blessed day!


No comments: