Monday, November 18, 2013

Candles

I love candles. I love the fragrance, the soft glow, the coziness they give a room. Some candles are very pricey, like Yankee candles. I have a Pumpkin Buttercream that I really adore, however the price tag is large. $27.99 for the large jar, and tho it burns evenly, and smells delicious. the cost is prohibitive.
 

Warm Glow candles are unique.  They have a wonderful variety of scents, and they burn well most of the time. I had a votive that burned up in 2 days. That makes me sad. I have a large one (like the top ones in the photo below) I have been burning it for less than a week it is over half gone, and is burning crooked, so one side is dripping wax.  Their price tag is also up there, it ranges from $12-16 for the large candle depending on where you buy it, they are about 5 1/2 inches high and 4-5 inches in diameter.



Then there are the white barn or slatkin and co. 3 wick candles which are $20 each unless you catch their 2 for $12 sale. Scent are amazing and they burn up nicely.




Then there is Walmart. Mainstay candles have good scents, and their burn time is longer than all the above mentioned candles for a fraction of the cost. $5.00. It burns longer, cleaner, and nearly completely gone every time. Apple pumpkin is my favorite. This one pictured here is a triple pour candle. Apple Pumpkin, pumpkin latte, and orchard fruits all in one jar. YUM



I don't really love walmart, but I do love these candles. If you haven't checked them out you really should. Some of the more expensive brands have more scents, but really walmart gets it done with great seasonal scents. Pretty sure I'm going to need to stock up on apple pumpkin before they pull that off the shelf!!!

Light a candle and have a blessed day.



None of these companies know I exist, I am not affiliated with any of them. I'm just speaking of value, and walmart gets it done, at least in the candle department.

1 comment:

Tonya said...

I've been buying mainstay candles from walmart for years, love their pumpkin spice and vanilla which are the two scents I burn almost every day in my office. There is simply no comparison between yankee and mainstay when it comes to soot, yankee candles are terrible for soot.