Friday, March 14, 2014

Food Friday

No recipe to share today, although we are still trying out some new recipes almost weekly. I will say I love my George Foreman grill. It is my favorite way to make chicken. Seriously just use salt and pepper for seasoning and it turns out perfect every time, as a bonus it is quick too!


For today though, I have my thoughts on a dairy free dessert.  We are a 3/4 dairy free house. By 3/4, I mean 3 of the 4 of us are dairy free. The only dairy we buy is for my husband and consists of cheese, yogurt, and ice cream. 

I don't find dairy free cooking to be hard. I substitute nondairy similar items in recipes and go with it. Most of the time it works, there are times it doesn't. However, that is a topic for another day.

Today let's talk about ice cream. Whenever people learn I'm dairy free they are usually like, "I can't imagine life without ice cream"  I don't live without ice cream. I used to make my own, and sometimes still do with almond milk, but nowadays you can get dairy free options at most grocery stores. 

One of my favorites is Purely Decadent frozen dessert.
It is rich and chocolatey and has ribbons of chocolate through it.  They have other delicious flavors as well, cookie dough, peanut butter something (we have a peanut allergy so I haven't had this one), turtle. So many good options. They are not the only brand either, there is almond dream, and so delicious, oh and a recent discovery salted caramel gelato. I only let the my kidlings have a bite of it and hoarded it all to myself it was so good. 

So if you are on a dairy free I would highly recommend you check this out. It is SO GOOD!!!

Have a blessed FOCUSed day!

No comments: