Friday, January 16, 2015

A few more cards I've made recently.


I started to make a shaker card, but then decided to use some white embossing on the dark gray cardstock. I still put a window in the card, and used foam adhesive, but no shaker elements. The hello is a die cut.


I embossed the elements on this card, super simple. Used black soot distress ink to color in the skunk.



This shaker card was fun to make. I used up some purple scraps. Embossed the acetate window and stamped inside the shaker part as well.


This one was FUN!  Inspired by Catherine Pooler. I used a chevron stencil, and 3 distress inks overlapped to make 5 colors total. I used the same colors Catherine did, but it was unintentional, it wasn't until I went back that I realized they were the same. I love the bright rainbow effect. I stamped the little turtle in white unicorn ink and smudged some along the edge for a chalkboard look, then used a white gel pen to darken up the turtle. I again used 3 inks to make the banner, then stamped it and cut it out.


 This card was inspired by a you tube video I watched. Claudia  from bubblespark did a thinking of you card with flowers all across, but she mentioned stamping the back as well. I thought that was a fun idea. As you can see below.

I used distress inks and a water brush to color in the images. The stamps were all from stampsoflife.com, but not all from one set. I mixed and matched.  It was a fun card to make too.


I even added a little to the inside.

This last one I made quickly as I wanted to send my aunt a thank you for sending us some pictures from Christmas eve. I thought it was so thoughtful of her. I embossed the leaves in iridescent white embossing powder, then distress inked the background. She loves cardinals, so I stamped a red bird.


Hope you have a joy filled day.

1 comment:

nemesiana said...

These cards look awesome, i am amazed that you did all these in one go. And yes the ones with the flowers on the entire card looks special. I love these kind of small tricks, my family always looks inside for something extra, but now they will bet it on the back.