Saturday, January 10, 2015

Making Cards



One of my Goals for the new year is to be better about sending cards. I love getting notes/cards in the mail, and I know I'm not alone in that. I love that shaker cards are back "in style" so to speak. I enjoy making them, and I love the little interactive bit of them. 
I am already prepared for Valentine's Day for my nieces and nephew.  I used the same layout, just different colors. 


Stamps: stamps of life, Die: Simon Says Stamp stitched square, Memento inks

I added wink of stella glitter pen to the heart for some sparkle



Then I started in on the birthdays in January and February. 

distress inks and hero arts white embossing powder

I played with some more distress inks as water color, then added some perfect pearls.
 Then I die cut it with happy birthday from mama elephant, and hello from memory box
 Then made a couple cards. A happy birthday ready to go for someone special.

 And a quick circle card for a friend. Jennifer Mcguire posted a card like this and I had to try it. It was fun.


Then I went for a one layer card. All ink. I used distress ink for the backgroud and stampin up old olive for the plants. I have no idea what ink I used for the butterflies. The stamp set is from skipping stone designs. I don't think they are in business anymore, but I'm not certain.

This one was just using some scraps. Don't really love it, but that happens sometimes.


Then I made a thank you card. I wanted to use my smaller stitched square dies from simon says stamp.
I felt like it needed something.

 So I added some bakers twine, but it still felt like it was missing something.

 So  tied on a button. Then it felt complete. I really liked the mix of patterns and gray and yellow.
So that's what I've been up to, what have you been doing? I sorted through my paper last evening. I found I had purchased the same paper pack twice (insert eye roll here). I downsized pretty severely. I cut down most of the 12 x 12 paper and cardstock I kept into 8.5x11 and pitched most of my scraps. I am ready for some fresh paper and cardstock in some current colors. I felt like cleaning out would give me some freedom to get some of the new things I am wanting,

Wishing you a JOY filled day!

1 comment:

Tonya said...

love them all!!!!!! and so happy to have been the recipient of two of them....I also love the one you used scrap paper on, sometimes I think we are too hard on ourselves, we pretty darned amazing if you ask me!