Tuesday, December 30, 2008

it is TIME

Only a couple days to have your resolutions ready to go!! Have you thought about them. Perhaps my favorite resolution...to not make any resolutions LOL. Now I just can't do that.

I have been giving some thought to my resolutions, and I am already implementing some of them. There is something nice about a new year. The chance to start fresh. It is a good feeling.

To start with, altho I am not going to give away all my resolutions (in case I dont' keep them LOL), I am reading this

One of my resolutions is to strengthen my spirit. Draw closer to the Lord. This book is my starting effort in this journey. Now I know this is something I should be doing daily anyway, but it is so easy to let life get in the way. I don't want that to be the case. So, I am confessing I have fallen behind, and felt a little dried up, more critical than normal, and generally unworthy to even call myself a christian. I am so very thankful we having a loving God, who is ready and always listening to my hearts cries, even of someone as unworthy as I. I am working on memorizing some scripture, as we are to hide God's word in our hearts. In order to do that, I must have it well learned in my memory. Something else that as been dropped to occasionally is devotions with my children. That also is going to change. It used to be part of our bedtime routine, but I think I would like to make it part of our morning routine instead. Start our day in devotion.


For those looking to get healthy (as new years always brings on) I will continue on my Eating Clean journey...recleaned.

I have done well eating clean...40 pounds gone...and about 40 or so to go. The holidays made clean eating more difficult, Grandma's cooking is just not "clean". LOL so I have indulged, but that is good for you as well. One of the most amazing things I found is how much better I felt eating clean. Tosca Reno's story is very inspiring too. I encourage you to find what works for you. I have tried diet after diet after diet. Truth be told, I am embarrassed at all the quick fixes I have tried. Clean eating is a life style, and it is one that is easy for me and works for me. I have more energy, feel better from the inside out. I have even done the tried and true methods, like weight watchers, which does great for many people. I never had success on WW. So if you are starting a get healthy goal, don't give up, find what works for you. Remember quick fixes don't work, nor are they usually very healthy, and as much as you don't want to hear it. EXERCISE!!! You don't have to spend hours at the gym for results. Just start moving!!! God gave us a beautiful earth to live on. Walk on it!!

So there begins my resolutions. (sis i know you are here to see pics, but you'll have to wait a bit longer). Hope you have a great day!!

hugs

No comments: