Tuesday, February 23, 2010

What I made


So I took this jar



and this candle stick





and a little adhesive and made this apothecary jar



Also a follow up on a couple recipes. What to do with that left over chicken from chicken and dumplings. And what about those extra biscuits (ha ha we always eat them all, but that is beside the point)

You make Chicken and Biscuits. YUM (it's Rachael Ray Recipe)



First if you don't have left over biscuits, use canned or make now so they are ready when the chicken is.

take 1/2 can of chicken and heat it in a skillet (I use a 12 inch one)
or 4 chick breasts cubed and cook it in a little olive oil
season with salt and pepper and I add a little dried thyme

Add a small bag of frozen peas and carrots

cook til the veggies are no longer frozen then move them to the side of the skillet

take 3 TBSP of marg/butter and melt it on the empty side of the skillet,
whisk in 2 1/2 TBSP of flour, cooking for about a minute

Add in 2 cups or one can of chicken broth or stock and mix together (I find it is best to whisk it into the flour mixture first, then stir it into the chicken and veggies.
Simmer til thickened. Sometimes I have to had a little more to thicken it. I take flour and add water (1:2 ratio) and put it in a jar with a lid and shake it, and then add to the pan if it isn't thickening up enough.

add a few dashes of hot sauce (give a nice flavor without really adding heat)


Cut biscuit in half and place bottom in a bowl or on a plate. cover with Chicken and place top of biscuit on top. Serve. We love this!

you could certainly add more veggies if you like, mushrooms, onions, broccoli, anything you like. This just works well and if I have left over chicken it takes 10 minutes. If I know we are going to have this for supper I'll make biscuits in the morning.

Enjoy!

No comments: