Monday, February 7, 2011

It is Monday, my almost favorite day of the week.

Today Jon and the kids had a 2 hour delay. I am thankful everyone went to school. I need the normalcy that has been missing since we had 4 snow days last week.

I also had to take my car in to be checked out. The battery light was coming on, and it was doing some strange things. The service director asked me if I believed in gremlins. I had to say, I might with the way the car was acting. Turns out it was just the battery. SO so so very THANKFUL for this simple fix.

I am making some blog changes. I have added a recipes page, and you will see that listed under the photo at the top, They are not categorized, but I am going back through old posts and adding them to the page. I am considering another page or two, maybe homemade items, and crafty things pages. I know sometimes it would be nice to find a recipe I know I have posted without hunting in a bunch of other places. I may determine some system to organize them at a later time.

I have started reading Ann Voskamp's one thousand gifts I am in chapter 3, I took the book with me to the car place today. This book is going to be life changing. Ann puts words to feelings I haven't been able to describe.
Jessica Turner and Angie Smith also lead an online book club called BLOOM, that is now a part of Dayspring. You can go here to see the video for chapter one, with Angie, Jessica, and Ann. The video enlightened parts of the first chapter to a different level. I would highly recommend this book, and I am not even done with it. Something said on the video that struck me as an ah ha moment, Ann said, sometimes you have to be in the dark to really see the light. That may sound simple, but sometimes it is the simple things we so easily overlook.

I have many things I need to still do this evening, because my time at home alone was shortened to a mere 2 hours, and I spent those reading, and making lotion for a friend whose son has eczema. She hasn't found anything that has helped her little guy, and so she is anxious to try my lotions. It cleared up Ryan's skin, and another friend whose hands were cracked and bleeding. I hope it works for her little guy.

I must get some stuff done this evening.
Have a blessed day.

1 comment:

Tonya said...

I sure hope you bring that lotion recipe to our 1st get together - hint, hint! Love that your recipes are on a separate page!!!