Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Hand sanitizer

Instead of a soap box, I'm just going to say I made hand sanitizer. It smells like thanksgiving, and it is just as effective as the stuff you can buy at the store.

I have been reading Gorgeously Green Series by Sophie Uliano and it is very informative. You can also check out her website here. Natural products, green living, all while not losing the glitz and glam if you are into glitz and glam. Mostly, I just don't want to look like a dirty hippie! ha ha!

Hand Sanitizer Made super simple. recipe from Sophie Uliano

I bought a 98 cent spray bottle from walmart (opaque is needed to protect the essential oils {eo}from here on)

In the little bottle I added:

2 Tbsp distilled water
2 Tbsp 70% rubbing alcohol (because if you are trying to kill germs you need this %)
1 tsp aloe vera juice
1/2 tsp vegetable glycerine
2 drops each of  cinnamon leaf eo, clove eo, eucalyptus eo, and rosemary eo

It makes 2 ounces, and feels quite nice. Spray it on, and rub it in.
Happy Sanitizing

No comments: