Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Freezer French Toast.

This french toast is wonderful, and easy. I don't have a picture because my hubby took the camera the other day, and I'm not sure where it is, but I had to share this recipe.

4 eggs
1 cup milk
2 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp cinnamon
10 slices (3/4 inches thick) day old French bread

Place the sliced bread in a 9x13 dish. In a large bowl beat eggs well, then add the rest of the ingredients. (I used my immersion blender and would highly recommend that if you have one, if not beat like mad) Pour the mixture over the bread and let is stand for the mixture can soak into the bread. Turn over once. Place the soaked bread on a parchment lined pan and place in freezer. Once frozen solid store in an air tight container.

TO BAKE:
Preheat oven to 450. Grease a cookie sheet. Place frozen bread on the baking sheet, dot with butter and bake on first side for 7 minutes. Turn each piece over, and bake another 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown.

You will have very tasty French Toast. I did a large loaf of bread, doubled the recipe, and now have easy to fix french toast anytime we want it. LOVE that.

Have a blessed day.

No comments: