Monday, November 14, 2011

Menu plan

I'm going to back track and tell you what we had over the weekend,

Saturday lunch: Chicago Dogs. YUM!!
Saturday Supper : Hot ham and cheese, or grilled cheese
Sunday is lunch and supper at Grammy's

Monday: Hamburgers and homemade fries, Carrots
Tuesday: Taco night, spanish rice, refried beans
Wednesday: BBQ chicken, sweet potato fries, green beans
Thursday: Beef Roast in Crockpot with potatoes and carrots
Friday: Beef Vegetable Soup with Herb Foccacia bread
Saturday: Pizza Puffs and left overs
Sunday: Dinner at Gmas

There is always stuff for salad, and often a salad is part of our meal  I just don't add it to the plan

Breakfast this week
Monday: Cereal

Tuesday: Oatmeal
Wednesday: Eggs, and toast
Thursday: french toast
Friday: pancakes and sausage

So many times making things from scratch save lots of $$$. I hope to make bread this week, as my family has requested it. I need to run the numbers again. I'm not sure I can beat 98 cents a loaf, but no preservatives is a great reason to make it. I will be making the tortilla shells for taco night. They are easy to make, and considerably cheaper. I enjoy the cooking/baking process though, and if you don't, then store bought may be the way to go.

Have a blessed day!

No comments: