Friday, February 3, 2012

This and that

First of all, I would like to say my skin did not like oil cleansing. I became more dry and scaly, and have the weirdest little bumpy rash on my ears and neck. So back to washing off my makeup with oil of olay cleansing cloths (which really work quite nicely), and dove the rest of the time.
I purchased an olive oil soap bar, which my skin also did not like. I got itchy in lots of places including some less than appropriate places. You can't just go around scratching some areas you know. So that is out. Funny thing how the "natural" products are beating up my skin. Not funny ha ha but funny strange. Oh well, at least I tried right.

In other things, I had purchased a gingerbread house for the kids to put together that we never managed to build during the holidays, so we did it one random day. It did not go well, and it looked like an earthquake hit it, but here are the pics I took. I didn't get the demolition, but you can imagine I'm sure.




As soon as they finished it collapsed. But they had a great time which is really all that matters.

I have a been a menu planning LOSER recently. Actually, I've had a mild plan in my head, but I really want to get it on paper because then I have a record of the things we like etc. I am headed to the pantry to see what we have and what we need so I can make a grocery run! Then later today I will be actually planning for the next week.  So stay tuned for that.

We are reading Not a Fan by Kyle Idleman at church for our Thursday night bible/book study. Really good book. Makes you think about how you are living out your life.

I am getting ready to start memorizing the Sermon on the Mount. There is a great printable on it on a Holy Experience . Today's post there talks about why you would memorize this. I had already printed it all out, and have been building my "book" for memorizing. When I was asked why I was doing it, I simply said, "why not" Anytime I can hide God's word in my heart I should. I grow closer to God while studying his Word, I have a foundation for times when my Bible is not within reach, and a comfort no matter where I am. I am not a very good memorizer, and it may take me longer than the allotted time, but I am okay with that! And as an aside. I love the music on that blog. It is calming to me.

Hope you have a blessed day!


No comments: