Thursday, January 17, 2013

Tell me about those dry lips

Tis the season for dry chapped lips, dry flaky skin. I have some news for you that can help those lips.

Did you know know that petroleum makes your lips and skin dry out so it wants more. What?!?!  You don't believe me. Well put on some chapstick, or lotion containing petroleum and see if in a little bit you don't need to reapply because they are dry AGAIN.

You need to find a lip balm that does NOT contain petroleum in order to moisturize your lips. Other drying ingredients are alcohol, menthal, and camphor.

Read those labels people.

Want some ideas on safe brands?  Good

Burt's Bees is good and available at most local grocery stores and drug stores.

If you are so inclined you could make your own with bees wax, shea butter, and coconut oil,


Not only is this better for your poor chapped lips, but it is better for the environment, since petroleum is a nonrenewable resource.

So do your lips a favor and the environment a favor and find a more natural lip balm. Your lips will thank you.

disclaimer: I am not affiliated with Burt's Bees, and I have other natural lip balms, but these were the ones close by and I was too lazy to track down the others. BB does make one that has peppermint in it and tho I love those, they are more drying.

No comments: