Monday, September 16, 2013

A Little Update

So my household is working on getting healthier. We've all lost some excess weight. I'm pretty proud of us.

So here is a glance at our starting points.

Jon is on the left

I am on the right


And more recently.  
I bought him new pants after this picture. This was a month ago.  He is down  several more pounds since this.

this is 10 days ago, and I'm down almost another 5 pounds.


Both of our kiddos have slimmed down because they are aware of how much they are eating and what a serving of food looks like. So even tho they aren't counting calories, they only get one serving of chips or pretzels or whatever, instead of snacking out of the bag. It is amazing how much of a difference that makes. We are more active altho not a huge amount, but every little bit helps. We all need new clothes. We are purging our closets frequently. Jon and I both have a bit of a ways to go, but I'm so glad we started this journey together. Honestly, anyone can do this, you don't need advocare, adipex, juice fasts, fad diets. You simply need to read labels, weigh and measure your stuff and write it all down. Our version of writing it down is using myfitnesspal.com  because there is an app for our phones as well, but it really is being honest with yourself and being aware of what you consume. And lest you think I'm starving, I am not. In fact I ate a very tasty iced sugar cookie yesterday and enjoyed every bite.

The reality is you are only 10% heredity, 10% exercise and 80% what you put in your body.  So I am probably going to turn into a coke zero! Ha Ha! I have a bit of an obsession I need to break! 

I hope you have a blessed day!

No comments: