Friday, January 31, 2014

Food Talk Friday

We love Mexican food.  LOVE IT! Going out to eat though is pricey. So I have been working on recipes to make our favorites at home.

This last week I made Fajitas. SO GOOD!  I didn't take a picture, but I should have. On my iron skillet it could have passed for a dish from our favorite Mexican restaurant.

They are super easy.

Fajita Seasoning:
1 Tbsp Cornstarch
2 tsp Chili Powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp Onion powder
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp cumin

Mix together. Makes just over 3 Tbsp. of seasoning. I used only half of it on our Fajitas.

Cut 2 chicken breasts, or steak into thin slices and toss with seasoning
Slice the following into thin slices
2 green peppers
1 onion
1 tomato

Heat an iron skillet over medium high heat. Once the skillet it hot toss the seasoned meat and veggies into the skillet. Stir frequently to get everything cooked through.

Serve on flour shells, with salsa, sour cream, and guacamole.

This made enough for 4 servings for us.

and was SUPER GOOD!

Have blessed FOCUSed day!

No comments: