Friday, February 7, 2014

Food Talk Friday

This is a frugal food tip, and a health tip all in one.

Switch from ground beef to ground turkey.

I can get a pound of frozen ground turkey for $2.58 at Walmart no less. Toss it in the fridge over night and it is ready to be cooked up into whatever your heart desires.

I honestly am not even sure the last time I had ground beef.

So now how about some homemade Turkey Sausage.

You will need:
1 lb. raw ground turkey
1 tsp fennel seed crushed (I use a mortar and pestle)
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
dash of cayenne (optional)


for italian sausage along with the above ingredients add 1/2 tsp sage, or 1/2 tsp italian seasoning for a different taste


For patties:
Mix all ingredients together, shape into patties and cook through. I usually cook them all up and then the kidlings reheat them through out the week.




They are super tasty and we are always sad when they are gone.

I also fry it up ground so that we can add it to homemade pizza, or stromboli, or omelets.
No bad preservatives, no MSG, and you can make it to suit your taste.

Have a blessed FOCUSed day!

No comments: