Friday, March 4, 2016

I can't believe it's March

So the last couple of weeks didn't go as planned. We lost a great man this week. Grandpa Gene went home to be with Jesus Feb. 28th.  This week has been filled with family time, and funeral prep. He was an amazing, humble, kind, loving, gentle man who loved his family more than anything. He will be greatly missed.

On another note, I have some updates from my last blog post. My sourdough starter became moldy. It had a purple fuzzy mold on it, so I had to throw it out. It's been busy so I haven't restarted that process.

I did make friendship bread though. It was good, but not good enough to warrant making it again.



I started lettuce in a bowl of water from the left over bottom. It's a green leaf lettuce, and it's pretty cool.

February 16


February 25

March 4

We've been having issues with static electricity. I read that wool dryer balls would help. They sell for about $3-5 each on etsy. I went to Goodwill and bought a wool sweater, cut it into strips and felted it. I got 6 out of half the sweater. I paid $3.99 for the sweater and plan to make more so that will be about 12 dryer balls for $4. That's a much better deal. And they do work. No more static!

before felting

I used panty hose to keep them from unraveling in during the felting process

Right after felting

How they look now. No dye has come off on anything either. 

Ryan had Regional science fair. A boy from his school is going onto state, but Ryan had a good time.

The percussion ensemble did there first and only performance at competition. They did a great job. It was a neat experience.


My father in law is a wood carver. My mom found some of my grandma's old thread on wooden spools. So I asked him to carve me a santa. It is amazing.  It makes the spool twice as special.




I also made blueberry muffins from scratch. They were amazing!


Oh and there were maple donuts too. They are easy and so good.




That pretty much sums up the last couple weeks.

Have a blessed day

No comments: